Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ubuntu

1st of all... I've become quite a busy man since few days ago... actually I should become one earlier but hehe.... this is me.. so now.. I'm really busy... (really??!!) .. but not really really extremely busy yet..

wakakak.... poor me.. hmmmm.... ok let me leave the problem for myself... inside my head.. and this is not the entry for that problem... (not a real problem... just a problem... huh??!!)

Ok!!!... back to the topic that I would like to tell which is something related to IT or computer... Ubuntu... what is Ubuntu?? I don't wanna write about the basic here... just click to this link

Last week... or last couple of weeks.. I can't remember the exact day/date/time... I've installed one of many Linux distribution... Ubuntu... the idea to install this OS is went through my mind since when I was trying to fix my friend's computer... I don't know the real problem is... it is just the message "NTLDR is missing"...... sort of... this problem... took me a lot of time... do this and that.. try and error... but always an error coming out instead of something nice... sigh.. then .. I remember to use the DamnSmallLinux... I've already discuss about this topic sometime ago... actually this is my last resort in order to try to save the date from being corrupted with the OS.. and then.. one of my friend said that he used LiveCD instead... so... As usual me... I'm become too curious to know the detail of Ubuntu... so............. I try to use the LiveCD (Ubuntu 7.10)... exploring...... bla bla bla... kinda of like it... and then finally decided to install on my laptop.. but I don't like to have dual booting... so.. after a long search and reading... i've decided to install on my external HD...

My first attempt to install the new OS was a failure since the CD i used somehow can't copy some of the files needed.. so... i went to my school hehee.... connected to the wireless service.. and then... download the installer.. (AMD64 version).... it was a complete success i thought so... but somehow... I don't realize the mistake that I made..

I've read about a way to clean install in the external HD but it made me pondering and thinking over and over.. It is said that i need to disconnect my internal HD to avoid from my MBR being altered.... but I kinda reluctant to do so because it is quite a critical time for me.. I need to study for my exam hehe.. there you see ... haha.. supposed i need to focus on my exam but... this kind of things made me wondering and contemplating ... so that i can't focus on my exam.. hehhee.. therefore.... due my reluctance to open up my internal HD.. finally i had installed the OS on my external without disconnecting the internal HD... I thought it went well but.. when i try to boot my windows OS.... it won't boot.. in other words.. It can't boot unless I connect my external to the USB port.. harghhhhhhhhhhh...

Then... I try to solve the problem by reading in the internet... bla bla bla.. it is actually related to the MBR that I mentioned earlier before.. my MBR has been overwritten with GRUB... a boot loader package from the GNU Project.. damn.... this is real problem.. when I trying to solve the problem.. actually I just added more problem hahaa.. damn.. I can't boot even when I was connecting my external.. woowowowoww... this is bad....!! Some command i used back then... was like fixmbr, ermmmm and some sort of Linux command.. hehehehe.. sorry.. I can't remember.. it is a whole time of worrying I couldn't fix them.. huh.. then... finally I made a decision to rewrite the boot.ini manually.. hahaha.. how dare I am rite??!! hehehe.. it is a successful daring move that I had ever made.. But thanks to this boot problem, now I've realize what the real problem of my friend's laptop... the one that I mentioned earlier.. She still have the problem and asking me to help her after my exam finished. Rite now what she do is boot from her USB hehehe.... flash drive.. it's not too bad for her.. huhu...

So, one problem had been solve, boot into windows OS.. but what cost me is I can't boot into Ubuntu since i had to removed the Grub. Then, one day I took out my internal HD and began to reinstall my Ubuntu .. owh I forgot to mention.. this is newer version 8.04 Hardy Heron... AMD64 version... to make the story short... Actually I was planning to install on my external because 1) I don't like to have dual booting 2) I want my Ubuntu to be a portable OS for me..

There you go.. another mistake by me!! warghhh.... why should I install AMD64 version?? I want to make it portable.. so.. not many computer are based on 64 architecture... gerrrghhh.... Then.... went upstairs... huhuhu.. (don' tell others) download x86 version.... which is more suitable and compatible with most other computers....

Finally, after reinstall again... this time using i386 or x86 version... fewwwwwh.... this is time to learn to use Ubuntu.. I was born with windows environment... therefore... it would take times to familiarize myself with this new OS.. especially when there is a lot of command... huhu.. but I kinda of like Ubuntu... but.. my priority now is to finish up all my reports... total of three... and then.... i can do whatever I like.... huhu.. but now.. dotA is on my way........... gerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The conclusion... I'm only a beginner with Ubuntu but would like to know more about it.. go Linux go!!! don't let Microsoft dominate the virtual world.... go open source go!!!.. hehee..

1 comment:

thepretender said...

tak kesah la ubuntu tuh ape, tp dota rocks! jom berdotA? :p
hehe