Sunday, December 23, 2012

Turn Your Windows 7 PC Into Hotspot

Just now, I stumble upon one great article regarding Microsoft Wifi Miniport Adapter.
I"ve been searching for the past year a method to turn my Laptop into a wifi hotspot. Finally......

As a matter of fact, my phone is currently connected to my laptop network :)

Just follow the steps described in the article. Just in case you are so worried to touch the command prompt, I've wrote a simple but just work .bat script however the program have no validation etc & might fail if the password you entered does not meet the specification.

Here you are.... my 2nd batch script of the day ;)

wifi-miniport-create

UPDATE 1

1. You need to restart the virtual wifi every time your machine woke up from sleep etc. Just enter the following command

netsh wlan start hostednetwork
For more information, type netsh wlan /? in the command prompt

2. Unfortunately the things that I've described above only works for Ethernet (LAN) and NOT compatible for any wireless card (so far). [ref]

UPDATE 2

1. There is a program out there called Virtual Router Plus that can turn your laptop into the hotspot... This time... It really work!!! Check it out...

No comments: