Saturday, December 22, 2012

Timed Shutdown/Hibernate Your PC

Alooooohaaaaa.....

ひさしぶりですね。。。

This morning I had successfully developed a simple batch program for personal use. The reason?
A few days ago, spent some time watching movie while hibernating in my den. Kind of hoping for simple program to shutdown or hibernate the PC without requiring any installation.

Mr Google give me a lot of suggestion but none could catch my eye except a youtube video demonstrating a simple cmd that perform the task.

Without further delay... I present you... my simple Auto Shutdown/Hibernate program.

Keypoints for the program are:

Shutdown 
shutdown -s -f -t 60



















Hibernate
timeout -t 60 -nobreak
shutdown -h -f



















The value -t is not necessarily to be 60 (seconds) all the time. You can choose whatever value you want. You could further read on -s -f -t -h -nobreak command by:

WIN+R,
type cmd,
type shutdown /? or timeout /?

Holla!!

No comments: