Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Again.. Ubuntu - Virtual Box

Hi again... it's been a very long day since my last post on Ubuntu.. hehe.. here I come again... with new 'things' on Ubuntu...

So.... the new things is... I used Virtual Machine technology to install Ubuntu as my guest OS... It is called VirtualBox.. see here for more info...

Then.. there will be a bugs related to the screen resolution where we can't have resolution more than 800X600.. It is quite an annoying bugs as I can't fully see the 'whole' Ubuntu...
After some digging.. I found out the solution for that matter... just

* Install Guest OS addition - On VM Devices tab
* Open terminal and paste this code

cd /media/cdrom0/
sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run

* Then you need to restart your Ubuntu and DONE!!...

There is one thing you need to remember that VirtualBox is only nothing more than a virtual computer... Its like controlling another computer(guest) with your computer(host). The Virtual Box is running some generic proprietary graphics chipset, it only exists virtually, all the same, your Nvidia based graphics chipset is NOT going to have any power or rule over the generic chipset in the virtual device. So... you can't have any visual effect enable in your machine using VirtualBox... Sorry.. huhu.... I feel sorry for myself...

Arghh.. I've been working on the folder sharing for quite some time and still can't find the answer. I don't know whether I miss something on the process or... I don't know... take 5..

1 comment:

laki cikgu kimia said...

wat they re al abot? no idea..

p/s: doakan rkn2 d bulan ramadhan