Tuesday, April 1, 2008

virus.. spyware.. kaspersky... eset.. norton

Dah lama aku x format pc* aku.. last.... hmmm mcm dh lama... x ingt.. tp yg pastinya lama aku tuh belum smpi setahun laa hahah.. actually I'm a very very heavy user... always trying to put a new things inside my pc.. IT geeks.. am I??

The story begin when a friend ask me to look after her pc.. she got a little bit depressed (exaggerating) when her YM can't be opened.. I looked at it and knows something is wrong.. In addition the local disk also can't be open as usual. It will pop up a menu "open with".. So.... she asked me because she knew i might have something in my sleeves to secure the problem. So, I try. Try.. and try again... but failed to disinfect the file.. I jump to the conclusion that she might need to format the pc.. and unfortunately she is using XP pro.. no one had the installation CD.. so.. i gave the pc back to her..

before i know what is going on, I'm myself got infected with the damn spyware/virus... shoot!!!! I hate spyware... last time too due to spyware.. and now spyware... damn!! it started with the local disk... can't be open.. i try to view the hidden file .. but failed.. because that damn thing had modified the registry entry.. arghh... sux!!

So i went to uni (because internet connection in my room like ***t) to get faster internet.. i downloaded ESS** and run a full in depth scan. Also not to be forgotten the SuperAntiSpyware (SAS). I run both to ensure that damn thing will not go through the what so called antivirus and antispyware.. I'm very disappointed when the ESS that claimed to be the winner for 2 years in this field failed to block/pin down this damn thing. As for SAS.. it managed to located all the file infected but can't delete the file.. just put it in quarantine folder.

Damn!!! after i spent a lot of my time... what i've experienced is a waste of time.. the damn thing never ever want to get out of my pc.. shoot!! I said "I need to try kaspersky".. But u know what happened then??!! The so called kaspersky caused my windows to response very very slow till i need to shut it down by force. I don't even know how many times I do the same thing.. But for me as well.. stuck in a circle.. run the windows in safe mode.. unfortunately can't uninstall the K*** thing... I tried so many times.. Untill I realized how stupid I am.. why no t just use the system restore.. ~sigh.. Finally it went well.. I mean the windows can finally started normally.. Then............ when I thought the problem was solved......... the K thing or the damn thing i don't know which one caused certain program to be freeze... Even the system restore itself.. SHOOT!!!

That's it!!! i need to format my pc... to make story short... I've installed NORTON (v8-i look down on norton before) because it somehow can detect a virus/spyware namedly win32.gammima............. ~sigh.. But it is not easy to remove this thing.. even when i format the pc... the damn thing is still intact in my hard disk!! SHOOT!!...

GIVE UP!!! don't know what to do.. then when i was having my breakfirst.. someone told me to use "SmitFraudFix".. and i tried.. but not very effective.. but at least having some effect.. then i browse the internet and found a program called "ComboFix".. i used it and finally.... I'm free again... hahaha... syukur............ eventhough... it still left some remnant on the hard disk.. i need to clear it myself.. and till know though!! hopefully it is the inactive one.. i don't want to do the stupid thing over and over again... u know what!! I've even thinking to switch to vista hahah... I don't know.. it is just a matter of the installer of the vista.. if it worked well (pirate version).. I'm confident I'm using vista right now haha..

but thanks to norton for giving me an explanation how to remove the damn thing even though it not worked well with me.. thanks to SmitFraudFix and ComboFix... FYI I'm using Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition right now.. But have been thinking to return to ESS... I don't know.. it is just a matter of time....

huh... u damn little thing win32.gammima + Kaspersky!!! u wasted my time.. more than a day!! SHOOT!!!...

I wanna have shower!!!

=====****====****====****=====****====****====

*pc=laptop=notebook

**Eset Smart Security 3.0

***Kaspersky 7.0 (BAN!!!)

Updated on Wed, 1750 Oz time

Today I'm surfing as usual and my mind kept telling me not to trust the Norton AV. So I read about ranking and all those stuff including details of every reviews I found on the net. There's one story I want to tell here which is a turning point where I started to pull back my hatred against Karspersky. Yesterday night when I played again with ESS and try to install on my pc together with Norton that already in the system, something had happened. Guess what?!! My pc froze and won't give any response. So as usual me.. RESTORE again ~sigh. Now I realized that the day before when I installed Kaspersky, ESS is already in my system. Maybe... it is just maybe ESS was the one who caused all those problem. But to ensure things, I've already tried to install Kaspersky alone.. before I format my pc and the result just another disappointment. The system "hang" after a while I played around with it.

However, this is me hahaha.. never satisfied with antivirus. Keep looking for the best!! Most of the reviews on same side with Kaspersky. Damn it!! ESS/NOD32 2.7 just at the edge OR on par with Kaspersky. So, I'm risking again my OS life with the Kaspersky installation.. Finally I've succeed and it is just a matter of time to write something about it..

Ja ne!!*

*Sayonara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheh..aku pakai nod32. taktau la bagus ke tak.stkt ni takdela apa2 mslh.but then, i m not a heavy user myself. so, pd ko skrg ni mana yang ok sbnrnya?

to'Wan said...

Hhahaha.. Skg ni aku guna Kaspersky Internet Security. Ok so far cuma loading time after start up windows agak slow laaa nk compare if guna NOD32. Sekarang ni ada version baru NOD32 yang aku pernah guna before. Eset Smart Security. Pada aku 2-2 ok. Cuma aku x pernah pakai Kaspersky dats y aku nk cuba yg ni plak hehehe... Kalau ikut review mmg Kaspersky bnyk amik top position but NOD32 pun x jauh beza. 2-2 dapat 4 bintang. Cuma ada 1 website tu (PCMag UK) ada wat review dan bg star rating yang tinggi utk spyware detection bagi Kaspersky. NOD32 dapat star rating yang tinggi utk virus. Aku lately asik kena spyware jer, dats y aku try Kaspersky plak. Hahha.. So far so good!!