Tuesday, February 18, 2014

LaTex Series: Tex @Manjaro

It is a remarkable experience to use Tex with my xfce-Manjaro. It took me sometime to work out the configuration before I could generate my first IEEE paper with Tex in unix environment.

What you need are:
  • Tex Live
  • Texstudio

To install Tex Live, I use:

yaourt -S gedit-latex

Then, you can run your first Tex doc with either

latex sample.tex

or

pdflatex sample.tex

It is difficult, however, to write a Tex document without auto-completion function which require deep understanding on each syntax. Texstudio (my favourite so far) did help me a lot. Easy to understand and simple to use. Installation is simple:

yaourt -S texstudio

You need to modify the command for latex, pdflatex and any other stuff for compilation. To configure latex and pdflatex, the steps are detailed below:

  • Option -> Configure TeXstudio -> Commands
  • Click open folder icon on latex and pdflatex -> Select latex and pdflatex in "bin/" folder

Now you can run your TeXstudio, write your first TeX conference/journal paper.


Happy "TeXing"







No comments: